A Short HistoryEdit
|Super Mario Bros.|
|The box art for the NES version of Super Mario Bros.|
|Developer||Nintendo Creative Department|
|Designers||Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka|
|Release Date||September 13, 1985|
Super Mario Bros. is a game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) by Nintendo in 1885. It is one of the most famous video games ever, and one still looked up to this very day. The game sold millions of copies and got Nintendo millions of dollars (or whichever currency). Because of the game's popularity, Mario has reappeared throught over 200 games. However, despite the games popularity, it was never remade or put on any other console than the NES.
GameplayEditThe game plays like most other sidescrollers, you tun around and attack enemies and reach a finish at the end of a level. To attack, you have to jump on their heads or use fireballs from the Fire Flower. Some enemies include:
Goomba - A small creature resembling a brown mushroom, with fangs, eyes and small feet.
Koopa - A small turtle creature. If jumped on, you can kick it into other enemies.
Boo - A small, semi-invincible ghost, who is often seen sticking his tounge out. He can also turn invisible sometimes.
Also, some items include:
Coin - This is used as points, and can be found lying around or in blocks.
Mushroom - This makes Mario grow and survive another hit.
Fire Flower - This gives Mario the ability to shoot a fireball, and survive another hit.
Star Man - This makes Mario invincible for a short period of time.
Mario has to go through several different worlds to defeat Bowser at the end and save Princess Peach. Simple enough.
- According to a manual for the game, the Koopas turned the Mushroom people into stone.
- The Guinness Book of World Records 2011: Gamer's Edition stated that this game was also remade on the Nintendo 64, which is false.
- The Hurry Up theme, original and remixed, is used in many other sub-series of Mario games such as Mario Kart (to indicate the final lap).
- World 8-3 is the only third level of each world that is not athletic.
- There's a World -1, only accessable by glitching through a wall and into a pipe. It's just a endless water world.
- On the Wii Shop Channel, the loading screen for downloading any title is Mario or Luigi hitting Brick Blocks and collecting Coins, sometimes with a Fire Flower.
- Sometimes, both Bros. are shown swimming, collecting coins.